AHJ Partnering with Great Britain Wheelchair Rugby
We have joined others in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market to support GBWR and to ensure the team gets to the Tokyo games. We at Alwen Hough Johnson pride ourselves on the calibre of our people. As a business we invest in high calibre individuals and teams who have the skills and values to deliver the best for our customers. In GB Wheelchair Rugby we see a team of athletes who embody the qualities we as a company strive always to achieve: courage, commitment, integrity, trust, and teamwork.
Wheelchair Rugby is a London 2012 legacy success story. Great Britain Wheelchair Rugby (GBWR) has grown the sport from 7 to 23 teams in 4 years, it delivers programmes in all military rehabilitation centres, Spinal Injury Units and as part of Premiership Club Foundations at Saracens, Harlequins, Gloucester, Exeter, Northampton Leicester Tigers, Bristol, and Sale.
Some facts about the GBWR national team include:
- they are the current European Champions
- they are ranked 5th in the world
- they narrowly missed the semi-finals in the Rio Paralympic games having lost to the eventual gold medallists Australia in extra time in the group stage
- they have recently competed in the King Power Quad Nations where they defeated the USA who were the eventual tournament winners and ranked No 2 in the world
These athletes demonstrate the power we all have to achieve the unthinkable and we at Alwen Hough Johnson are proud to partner with them.
For further information visit the GBWR website or click here.
AHJ Assists with Dominica Hurricane Relief
AHJ together with a number of reinsurers are very pleased to have been able to assist Sagicor General with the purchase of a Mobile Medical Unit complete with examination rooms, water tanks, medicine storage, and generators. This vehicle is helping with medical relief following the significant damage to Dominica infrastructure in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria which swept through the area in September 2017. The unit will continue to provide care to the community for many years to come. AHJ are very grateful to the following reinsurers for their generous support.
- Chaucer Plc
- Länsförsäkringar Sak Försäkringsaktiebolag
- Partner Reinsurance Company Ltd
- QBE European Operations Plc
- SCOR SE
- Sirius America Insurance Company
- Sirius International Group Ltd
- Sompo Canopius Re
- The New India Assurance Company Ltd
- Tokio Marine Kiln Syndicates Limited
- Transatlantic Reinsurance Company
- XL Re Europe Se